Each week a unique selection of plant based foods
- What is it?:
The idea here is to not have to think and make decisions, to try new things you may have never been bold enough to try before and to make the shift to a healthy plant-based lifestyle simple and easy. The model is a blend of the traditional CSA with a curated subscription service.
- Each week you will receive a selection of freshly prepared plant based foods to fuel you all week long.
- Unlike traditional CSAs, this one you can sign up for weekly. Menus will be posted on line early in the weekend and sign ups are required by Monday evening.
- All orders will be made on-line at theoptimalkitchen.com
- What is in it?:
Orders come in small $30 / family $60 size shares and will include
- 8oz/16oz Vegetable based salad
- 8oz/16oz Grain based salad
- 6oz/9oz Dip / Hummus
- pint/quart Frozen Soup
- 1 specialty item
To give you an example of what a week might look like is Ginger Sesame Mixed Vegetables, Thai Noodle Salad, Curried Sweet Potato Hummus, Carrot Ginger Soup and Indonesian Groundnut Stew over Rice. However just because this example featured Asian foods, another week may feature Mediterranean inspired foods an another might simply be built around what produce was is available.
- How does it work?:
Menus will be posted on line early in the weekend and sign ups are required by Monday evening. All orders will be made on-line at theoptimalkitchen.com. Orders will be available for pick up on Thursday afternoons at my kitchen in Chatham , Friday afternoon at my home in Orleans or by appointment.
- What if I have special needs?:
The Optimal Kitchen will be able to accommodate gluten free clients who suffer from celiac disease. Many of the grains we use are ancient varieties and do not bother those who have gluten intolerances due to modern wheat strains. If you have other significant allergies or food preferences we recommend shopping a la carte directly from the Optimal Kitchen.